Monday, February 12, 2007

onward!

As with many beginner language classes, we have progressed from fun, easy, novelty to the serious stuff: the transition to the sheer memorization and brute force that is the unavoidable part acquiring any language so different from my own. The volume of work is difficult but by no means impossible - it is inevitable that one will spend this much time outside of class reviewing if classtime is to be worthwhile.

I think maybe in the second half of the semester we could progress to more regular tests - for the time being, the barrage of quizzes and homework is sufficient to move us into hiragana, and later on katakana.

Right now, the challenge is finding the sheer amount of time needed to complete all the work - once I can devote the time, it's not too difficult.

1 comment:

mayura38 said...

You seem to able to enjoy both sides of studying: fun & easy side and serious & more effort requiring side.

I like the tough side of studying more than easy side because I can feel my actual progress throgh my working process!

Hope you are enjoying the study of Japanese so far :)